Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sahm trying to potty train my 2 yr old daughter?

I am a sahm and my 2 yr old daughter and I basically go nowhere lately. I don't drive and it's been horribly snowy and freezing. So, my daughter is almost 2 1/2 and I decided to strip her down and let her be naked so she can get the idea of using the potty. She has a little potty chair and I potty seat for the toilet with a stool. I put her little potty in front of the TV and I took off her clothes and told her if she has to poo or pee to sit on the potty. She is used to always being in a diaper, she's never pooed or peed on the potty yet, not once and at first she cried for her diaper but I told her no big girls don't need a diaper and to use the potty like a big girl. So she's been sitting on the couch and just playing and doing her normal thing. So, should I let her do everything naked? We are home alone, basically snowed in. Should I serve her food and do our normal activities while she is completely naked? I don't want to confuse her by putting her diaper back on. So far, she hasn't gone yet. This is day one, she is used to always wearing a diaper. What can I expect? A ton of accidents? When should she start "getting it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment